There’s no denying it – searching for a job really is a full-time job in itself. The job search can be one of the most frustrating, challenging things you’ll ever experience. Whether you’re looking to make a career change, you’re straight out of university, or anywhere in between, the job search brings about the same headaches for us all. Finding the right formula to help you land that perfect job can be quite a conundrum. No matter how frustrating the process becomes, don’t lose hope. The goal is to remain persistent and try as many avenues as possible. Do not only stick to what you know and are comfortable with.
- Company’s Website
- Social Media (Facebook, IG etc.)
- Newspaper (don’t discount this just yet)
- Recruitment Agencies
- Job Boards
- Career Fairs
- Recruitment Drives
- Your Network (it’s Trinidad- everybody knows everybody)
- Try an Internship or Volunteering (although unpaid it will allow you to gain invaluable experience- it can help solve the cycle of “needing experience for the job but needing the job for experience)
Research has shown that:
- Company’s Website is the most popular job search medium followed by referrals and LinkedIn.
- More than 60% of jobs are not posted online
- More than half of candidates are eliminated from the online job search by applicant tracking systems
- Over 70% of companies have used social media to successfully recruit and hire a candidate
- Over 75% of employers say they’ve turned down candidates because of something negative they found online
Remember guys, in the Age of Information, consider the content you post or share because most recruiters WILL do an online search of you.